Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bernstein Architecture Floating Beds


Being that I have become somewhat of a remodeling/retrofitting architect for housing, I can appreciate something like Berstein Architecture's Floating Beds. The framing system of cables with end-bolting presents an idea taken from modern industrial design. Calculating loads maybe the only drawback, as every owner/tenant bring their unique weight. If it was up to me, I would remove the ground cables and let the bed swing away.

Bernstein Architecture Floating Beds

1 comment:

  1. Not for me. I'd be worried about the wires and what if you gain weight or as a female, get pregnant?? The bed could become dangerous at that point. Interesting look but I think this design would not be too appealing to people outside of the art community.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search