Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Obama: We Need To Bail Out Newspapers Or Blogs Will Run The World


Obama: We Need To Bail Out Newspapers Or Blogs Will Run The World

I understand Obama's cry for funding Newspapers, but he can't force something that is being outdated by technology. I would not use a blogger as a serious news provider, rather I would want to get my news from the Miami Herald website or that of WSVN 7.

Blogging is more of an entertainment + interaction tool. But to fund the printing + delivery of newspapers is ironic if we still consider "green" activities.

I think Obama is feeling pressures from some.... What do you think?

Posted using ShareThis

1 comment:

  1. I agree. If we think about green activities then funds for printing and distribution are a bit obsolete, however, we must consider that jobs will be lost in the news sector if all news media turns digital. Not to mention print catches the eye. Example: The Cornell Chronicle only does digital copies - I never see it. The Cornell Daily Sun - I can't avoid seeing the picture on the front cover in every dining hall and library. That keeps me interested and is easy. People like easy especially when it guarantees them their job.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search