Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wynwood Art


So evidently, me being away from Miami for so long has made me miss out on some amazing events in my own neighborhood. The Design District and the Wynwood Community has become a breeding ground for fresh art and design.

The Wynwood Art Walk has been in effect for quite a bit, and I am looking to join in on the fun and excitement. I am planning on stopping by the YOUNG BLOOD: New World Mixx; a collection of work from alumni of New World School of the Arts with proceeds going towards the school's art department.

I am big on supporting the arts as I went to 2 art schools in Miami : Norland Middle School and Design and Architecture Senior High (DASH). Those schools catapulted me into the Ivy Leagues and great experiences.

I am really excited to see some new stuff from emerging artists, especially Jose Mertz. I remember seeing his work a few years ago for Parish Nation clothing and I couldn't pull my eyes away from how fly the designs were.

Expect me there Saturday.

Cheers (British Thanks/Farewell)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search